PDA

View Full Version : Everyone must be busy practicing...

dsouza.b.a
07-22-2015, 03:40 PM
...not posts in over 2 days

RVA
07-22-2015, 03:53 PM
I was waiting for you to get another guitar.

dsouza.b.a
07-22-2015, 04:50 PM
Need to get some paychecks first...although there are a couple I have my eye on ;) . A Les Paul Class 5 and a Jackson Rhoads. Nothing is imminent though, so carry on with your posting.

-CM-
07-22-2015, 05:07 PM
I thought it was my turn. These arrived yesterday.

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CMphotographs/Guitars/DSCF0159_zpsnmzj5spb.jpg

Fender Custom Shop Jeff Beck Signature Stratocaster
Gibson Custom Shop 2014 '58 Historic Reissue Les Paul Standard

dsouza.b.a
07-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Yay, looking good. That Beck doesn't look as green as in the original pic. Did you get it from Wildwood? Looked like a wildwood picture. What are your initial impressions of each?

BTW, I have been looking into a 12 guitar vault. It's pretty massive in stature and weighs 200 pounds though so may wait until next year as I might be moving.

-CM-
07-22-2015, 07:40 PM
The lighting mutes the colors, so yeah, it actually looks more like the Wildwood picture.

My first impressions are that they are both awesome. They are both Custom Shop level, so the quality is high, although the Gibson lacks in a couple of respects. The Fender CS package is overall nicer, with a tool kit, quality strap & cloth, cloth covered cable, some picks and all the fancy paperwork. Great additions to my herd, for sure, and both are keepers.

dsouza.b.a
07-22-2015, 10:39 PM
The lighting mutes the colors, so yeah, it actually looks more like the Wildwood picture.

My first impressions are that they are both awesome. They are both Custom Shop level, so the quality is high, although the Gibson lacks in a couple of respects. The Fender CS package is overall nicer, with a tool kit, quality strap & cloth, cloth covered cable, some picks and all the fancy paperwork. Great additions to my herd, for sure, and both are keepers.

It seems like Fender is increasing their case candy with lots of cool additions whereas Gibson is cutting back on obviously useless items like adjustment wrenches in order to reinvest on essential features every traditional Gibson player wants...like fretboards made from recycled paper and robotic tuners. :cool:

GDane1
07-23-2015, 10:04 AM
Great classic additions. Congrats. Two I wish I had. :cool:

dsouza.b.a
07-23-2015, 10:08 AM
I would add that looks like one of the darkest slabs of rosewood I have ever seen (on the Beck). Looks almost like ebony in the pic. :D