PDA

View Full Version : Last NGD....fer now: Gibson LPC

dsouza.b.a
06-12-2015, 03:57 PM
RVA, this post is for you. OK so picked this up...2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom. Got it for about half of what a new one would cost. Pretty much mint with the exception of a a light mark on the back that appears buffable and the case hardware is a little bit tarnished. Had all the original ppw and case candy. Looks great and neck feels fine but it's heavy as hell and the initial playability is garbage. May need a heavy duty setup from my tech. Plan (if kept) is to drop in some EMGs and black out the hardware. Stay tuned for pics in about a month if I do.

http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn443/dsouza_b_a/20150612_131357.jpg
http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn443/dsouza_b_a/20150612_131615.jpg

RVA
06-12-2015, 04:42 PM
That is a nice row of guitars - congrats! I am pretty sure you have every tone covered. Of course, some tones are worth covering twice, so don't let that stop you from starting a second rack!

dsouza.b.a
06-12-2015, 05:12 PM
It won't. I am already planning my next 5 rack. Beyond that the sky is the limit...err, my bank account/credit line is the limit.

Actually I am pretty well set with a main and backup guitar for my 3 major tunings. From left to right they are E, Eb, D, C# (for Sabbath man), D, Eb, E. At this point needs are out of the picture and wants step in.

-CM-
06-13-2015, 02:52 AM
Nice collection.

Hey, we have the same rack.

dsouza.b.a
06-13-2015, 12:38 PM
Nice collection.

Hey, we have the same rack.
Thanks and yeah love the rack. the 2 things I like is you can use the extra bay on the neck holder to loop your strap around if still hooked up and also since the bottom is open and not flat, no concerns putting a guitar with Schaller straplocks in and having all the weight press down on that.

I have the 7 which must have been an older one because it came with a felt kit for 1 bay to protect nitro paint. If my collection expands would probably get a 5 stand.

dsouza.b.a
06-13-2015, 12:38 PM
BTW, RVA, the LP did not work out for a few different reasons so sending it back. I now have a vacancy! Actually, with that and another 5 rack I could finish up the rest of my wish list which consists of...

2009 ESP KH-2 Ouija Black
ESP KH-3
ESP KH-4
ESP KH-DC See Thru Black
2 more TA Pro Ams

RVA
06-13-2015, 02:17 PM
Better to return it than live with it. I will keep an eye out for good deals on your wish list - enabling is another hobby of mine!

-CM-
06-13-2015, 04:14 PM
Thanks and yeah love the rack. the 2 things I like is you can use the extra bay on the neck holder to loop your strap around if still hooked up and also since the bottom is open and not flat, no concerns putting a guitar with Schaller straplocks in and having all the weight press down on that.

I have the 7 which must have been an older one because it came with a felt kit for 1 bay to protect nitro paint. If my collection expands would probably get a 5 stand.

Those are nice features. I also like that it has wheels. I don't move it very often, but it's nice not to have to unload it when I do. They aren't shown in this picture, but I've covered the rubber parts with strips of polishing cloths. I don't like to take any chances with rubber interacting with the finishes.

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CMphotographs/Guitars/7-in-rack.jpg

I just got this rack, but I went a little crazy, and have already outgrown it. I'll likely end up getting the 5-slot QuickLok also. This one has nice foam padding, but I like the spaciousness of the QuickLoks betrer.

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CMphotographs/Guitars/3-in-rack_zpskmc0mvvu.jpg

dsouza.b.a
06-14-2015, 09:54 AM
Yeah plus no wheels on that one. I forgot to mention that is also handy to move the stand out of the way and sweep up dust bunnies underneath. Mine is up against a wall and I live in the desert.

mattierocks
06-16-2015, 10:21 AM
One day I'll have a rack like you guys, but for now I have a 3 year old and a 10 month old so the guitars are hung on the wall, away from little hands!

dsouza.b.a
06-18-2015, 03:20 PM
RVA you will be pleased. Just picked up another axe. I ordered a 1998 Ibanez RG470 off of eBay. Really didn't need it except an Ibanez RG550 was the guitar I came up with so holds some nostalgia, plus the price couldn't be beat. $340 and the thing looks/was advertised as mint condition. Plus this is Japan made, not Indonesian. Will post pics once it arrives. I also discovered I actually have room for 1 more case in my closet after this and also have been keeping the white Ouija in it's case to prevent yellowing which leaves me 1 space on the rack so I am cleared to take on one more still. Probably will be a while though as I seriously want to pay off some bills first...I mean it this time...but you never know. :rolleyes:

RVA
06-18-2015, 06:24 PM
RVA you will be pleased. Just picked up another axe. I ordered a 1998 Ibanez RG470 off of eBay. Really didn't need it except an Ibanez RG550 was the guitar I came up with so holds some nostalgia, plus the price couldn't be beat. $340 and the thing looks/was advertised as mint condition. Plus this is Japan made, not Indonesian. Will post pics once it arrives. I also discovered I actually have room for 1 more case in my closet after this and also have been keeping the white Ouija in it's case to prevent yellowing which leaves me 1 space on the rack so I am cleared to take on one more still. Probably will be a while though as I seriously want to pay off some bills first...I mean it this time...but you never know. :rolleyes:
Congrats! I think you passed "need" quite some time ago, so no reason to ponder that any longer. However, life is short and when opportunity knocks, a wise man answers. And since you have already scoped out a spot for your next case, I get the feeling you will be answering the door soon again. Pics when you can please!

dsouza.b.a
06-25-2015, 12:59 AM
Congrats! I think you passed "need" quite some time ago, so no reason to ponder that any longer. However, life is short and when opportunity knocks, a wise man answers. And since you have already scoped out a spot for your next case, I get the feeling you will be answering the door soon again. Pics when you can please!

RVA, the Ibanez arrived today. I will need to get it cleaned up after it has been sitting for 17 years before I can take some pics. Going on a road trip this weekend so that probably won't happen until Monday.