PDA

View Full Version : Atom Special bridge options

BFC
03-16-2015, 08:23 PM
Eyeballing options for a potential future order. The bridge choice for the Atom Special pops up on the PDF as either Tune-o-matic with Stop Tail or Tune-o-matic with Bigsby. Is the wraparound style no longer available? Just curious more than anything.

Thanks.

tom
03-16-2015, 10:11 PM
The atom is getting completely reevaluated as we speak. I recently saw a new wrap around that was beautiful. The atom is a prime candidate for it.

BFC
03-16-2015, 10:31 PM
The atom is getting completely reevaluated as we speak. I recently saw a new wrap around that was beautiful. The atom is a prime candidate for it.

I sense some Atomic Dog action. :D

I'll hang back and see what develops. I just put a deposit on a shorty HTC over the weekend at the local shop. I was just thinking way ahead on a dedicated slide guitar with the Atom Special.

BFC
03-18-2015, 07:46 PM
On a related note...

Playing with the spec sheet PDF on a Cobra Special. PQ1- neck and PQ2 bridge pickups offers this option for switching...

5-Way w Push/Pull + VA Boost for 2 pickups

What are the specifics of this switching set up? Thanks.

tom
03-18-2015, 07:56 PM
1,3 and 5 are normal series modes. 2 and 4 are parallel coil connections making split like sounds but no hum. pull tone splits both in pos 3. boost is a separate switch.

BFC
03-18-2015, 07:58 PM
Boost is on a mini and works on all 6 sounds?