PDA

View Full Version : Crowdster++ Toggle Switch Upgrade

noregretsguitar
02-02-2015, 08:41 PM
Just got my Crowdster++ upgrade. Great job! Love the new pickups and platelet of sounds now available. Only problem is the micro toggle switch for pick up positions. It's hard to switch on the fly without grabbing the other micro switch for acoustic/electric. Is there anyway to swap out the micro toggle switch for a standard (or larger) toggle switch? If so, what's involved. Thanks!

tom
02-02-2015, 08:52 PM
The Lp style switch is too big.
There used to be a mini switch with larger toggle available but have not seen them in a while.

noregretsguitar
02-02-2015, 09:05 PM
Thanks for your prompt reply and great customer care.

tom
02-03-2015, 09:34 AM
I'll revisit the switch and see if anyone stocks them. Mm used to use it on the original Steve Morse guitar.

Pietro
02-04-2015, 07:51 AM
I've thought about this issue, but eventually got so used to all the placement of switches and knobs on that guitar (It's been my main instrument since Nov 06) that I concluded pretty quickly that I'd rather not have a switch that looked wonky on there, and frankly, I wonder if I wouldn't bump a larger switch by accident in normal playing and such.

noregretsguitar
02-04-2015, 08:05 PM
Thanks Tom. I look forward to "the rest of the story." A larger pickup switch would help me from switching the acoustic/electric switch accidentally. I have an older Hamer Duotone with a similar switch set up that works fine. I might do better with more practice on the Crowdster++. Just a thought. I appreciate all of your insights and input. Thanks.