PDA

View Full Version : H2+ in my Classic/NGD sort of..

stratoquack
10-05-2014, 05:05 PM
I finally broke down and sent the pick guard of my Classic out to TAG and had them install an H2+ in the bridge.

I had my favorite tech in town put it back together and do a set up. When I went to pick it up yesterday, he asked if I had ever done a set up before because the intonation was set up regular as opposed to the Feiten off sets. I'm oblivious to setting up guitars so the answer was "no". Either way, he set it up correctly and it's like I have a brand new guitar! Between the new humbucker and the set up, I love this guitar that has spent most of it's few years in the case.

I bought the guitar new in Nashville a few years ago but I suppose somewhere down the line a tech in the store changed the intonation or something.. It's neither here nor there. I'm just glad I finally dig this guitar as much as I do my DropTop (well....almost as much).

Played it at the gig last night and I am extremely happy.

tom
10-05-2014, 06:19 PM
I can't tell you how many people have called and said, "I had to intonate my guitar, you guys didn't do a good job". I go on to ask if they used the offsets, and they say what offsets? I then inform them that they have undone the tuning system.

wolf
10-06-2014, 11:40 AM
I've currently got an H2+ on order with Jack Gretz for my Drop Top.
I posted my question in the tech section but decided to go with what my Drop Top had originally.
Oh the wait ..........................

pneil
10-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Great choice. The H2+ is at the top of my list of all time favorite pickups. Crystal clear. Just enough bite, but still cleans up and is absolutely gorgeous with the volume rolled back a bit. It's part of what makes my hollow drop top the "go-to" guitar that it is. Have fun!

brokenvail
10-08-2014, 04:23 PM
all my tags (which I bought used) where intonated wrong. I love BFTS. My fav humbucker is the H3. Just a killer pup

Pietro
10-09-2014, 07:18 AM
all my tags (which I bought used) where intonated wrong. I love BFTS. My fav humbucker is the H3. Just a killer pup

Yeah, I've had to fix a couple.

Strobostomp for the win!

marzzz
10-09-2014, 02:51 PM
My Hollow Droptop has the H2+ in the bridge, with a pair of SF1s. Aside from how wonderful the H2+ sounds on its own, it is pretty great split with the single coils.

FWIW, I did have an H1-/H2+ in my Cobra, but went with HC1/HC2. I still have the H1- and H2+ around, anyone interested?

Pietro
10-10-2014, 07:17 AM
My Hollow Droptop has the H2+ in the bridge, with a pair of SF1s. Aside from how wonderful the H2+ sounds on its own, it is pretty great split with the single coils.

FWIW, I did have an H1-/H2+ in my Cobra, but went with HC1/HC2. I still have the H1- and H2+ around, anyone interested?

See, I like my HC1.HC1- in my Atom, but for a Cobra, I like what you originally had a LOT...

Not that I'm interested. I have nothing to put them in and am deleriously happy with the pickups in my two Andys (and the tele will be perfect when I switch out the switch for a 5 way and stick something in the middle position).

marzzz
10-10-2014, 01:50 PM
See, I like my HC1.HC1- in my Atom, but for a Cobra, I like what you originally had a LOT...

The HC1/HC2 had a bit more vintage tone than the H1-/H2+ in the Cobra; both sets sounded great but the HCs had more of what I was looking for. I would consider switching them back if I picked up an Atom CT, but my wife has warned me not to purchase any more guitars.....!

Pietro
10-12-2014, 06:10 AM
The HC1/HC2 had a bit more vintage tone than the H1-/H2+ in the Cobra; both sets sounded great but the HCs had more of what I was looking for. I would consider switching them back if I picked up an Atom CT, but my wife has warned me not to purchase any more guitars.....!

HCs sounds awesome in the Atom CT, though... jus' sayin'... (and braggin', okay, I admit it...)